Updated with a fresh introduction and brand new selections, the second edition of The Anthropology of Globalization collects some of the decade’s finest work on globalization, focusing on the increasing interconnectedness of people around the world, and the culturally specific ways in which these connections are mediated.
* Provides a rich introduction to the subject
* Grounds the study of globalization ethnographically by locating global processes in everyday practice
* Addresses the global flow of capital, people, commodities, media, and ideologies
* Offers extensive geographic coverage: from Africa and Asia to the Caribbean, Europe, and North America
* Updated edition includes new selections, section introductions, and recommendations for further reading © 1998-2001 Amazon.com, Inc. und Tochtergesellschaften
Inda, Jonathan Xavier and Renato Rosaldo (eds.). The Anthropology of Globalization: A Reader. Malden: Blackwell, 2008.